At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for leading our efforts in combining sound development practices, leveraging proven testing techniques and technologies, and collaborating in efforts to deliver solutions where there exists gaps inGoodRx’s mission to deliver high quality products with continuously improving efficiency.
In this role, the SDET will be working with cross-functional teams including Developers,Product Managers, QA Engineers, Designers, and Technical Managers to ensure that the quality of our development and products are released on time with solid test automation coverage. This candidate will be responsible for recommending, improving and implementing testing tools, techniques and technologies. This candidate will drive adoption and distribute ownership of quality across their teams for maximum efficiency. Success looks like everyone in the team contributing meaningfully to a practical part of the quality process. Our team runs millions of automated tests every year, most of which are fully integrated into our deployment pipelines. We are looking for a champion of quality that can work alongside other quality enthusiasts at GoodRx to continuously improve our testing efficiency while maintaining our bar of quality to the levels our customers demand and deserve.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to review system requirements and technical design documents and ensure new features are developed using automation in mind
- Recommend, augment and implement usage of proven automation tools, technologies and techniques to solve specific situations.
- Elevate the quality of our releases by helping maintain automated tests integrated into our CI/CD pipelines
- Distribute ownership of quality across the team and provide delightful tools and support for smooth adoption
- Enable short and direct feedback loops on the quality of every code submission
- Enable developers with the tools (technologies or otherwise) to begin establishing confidence from the very start of feature design and implementation
- A leader and a champion for Quality practices within GoodRx and an advocate for our customers’ expectations
- Staying up to date with process, tools, technologies, techniques and solutions
- Leading evaluation discussions in our internal community of Quality practitioners
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 4+ years of SDET experience (or development experience)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience in similar field required
- 4+ years of experience with automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, and/or API’s using frameworks like Selenium, Appium, Cypress, pyTest, andCucumber
- Hands on experience using version control systems such as Git and a solid understanding of Git workflows
- Strong software development skills and a solid understanding of software development practices and methodologies (code structure, unit testing, mocking, algorithms, etc)
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications, mobile applications
- Hands on experience working with continuous integration tools
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Avid Learner: Passion for continuous learning and able to effectively communicate technology-oriented concepts. Nice To Have:
- Healthcare domain knowledge, particularly in the SEO space, but medical is fine too
- DevOps experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, or Google Cloud Computing Services
- Hands-on experience with databases such as: MongoDB, SQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with HIPAA, PCI, or other high security coding environments Open source contributions
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.
Read Full Job Description