SDET - Saatchi Art
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculptures, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Development Engineer in Test who is dedicated, results-oriented, and a tenacious problem-solver to help us at our Santa Monica, CA office. As part of our SaatchiArt Engineering team, you will help provide the technical foundation to make this happen.
You’ll Report To: Director of Engineering
What You'll Be Doing:
- Writing unit/integration tests for both the Front End Web Apps and the API/Services
- Participating in reviews in all phases of the software development cycle
- Analyzing sophisticated software systems and develop automated test solutions
- Contributing to overall Quality Assurance best practices, strategy, and methodology
- Developing test strategies, create test plans, and execute test cases both manually and via automation
- Working closely with product management to define acceptance criteria
- Coaching and mentoring developers in testing best practices and provide code reviews
- Creating training materials for development team and lead workshops for technical test design
- Evaluating test tools to improve test process and quality
- Validating that project adheres to technical specifications and well accepted standards
- Ensuring that software conforms to style guides and standards (directory structures, file naming conventions, etc.)
You’ll be successful if you are a results-oriented, hardworking, ambitious, and driven self-starter.
What You Have:
- 3+ years experience in QA and testing within a software development environment, preferably with websites and mobile web apps
- Experience with building automation pipelines in Jenkins
- Experience with command line scripting
- Experience writing test plans, objective definitions, QA findings, and reportingExperience writing test plans, objective definitions, QA findings, and reporting
- Experience with QA methodologies, tools, and approaches (black box, white box, and automated testing experience)
- Strong documentation and test plan writing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Familiar with Puppeteer
- Familiar with writing Groovy scripts
- Familiar with Node.js
- Familiar with MySQL
- Familiar with NoSQL and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Familiar with AWS or other cloud computing services
Who We Are:
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories. We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of art, design and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We encourage all of our employees to learn and grow personally and professionally so they can assume greater responsibilities and advance their careers within the department or within one of our operating businesses. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- Engineers who care about what code quality they are writing
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.