SDET / Release Manager at iHerb
The person in this role will champion best practices in regards of release and automation testing within the iHerb technology team. He/She will be responsible for driving adoption of continuous integration, continuous deployment and automation testing. The individual will have a relentless focus and enjoy
constantly improving processes and leveraging automation tools. This individual will be a catalyst to raise the overall quality bar for our software systems built at iHerb. The goal of the release/automation team is to ensure that the software systems will be built using CI/CD
pipelines with continuous automation testing to improve overall quality of production deployments. A strong candidate has experience in creating a robust and scalable automation framework for feature and
automated regression testing in multiple environments; in addition, this candidate has a strong technical
vision and is capable of driving high-level strategy and able to take a hands-on approach to implementing
● Develop automation strategy to fit with the different components of iHerb’s software ecosystem
● Partner with devops and engineering teams to streamline our CI/CD pipeline
● Build and lead a high performing team of SDET/release engineers to execute on the strategy
● Work with different functions such as Product Management, Software Development, UX Designers, devops, and Customer Support teams as needed to capture and verify expected
behavior of systems under test.
● Familiar with modern software architecture such as micro services, event-driven architectures and containers.
● Familiar with modern CI/CD tooling including Jenkins, Bitbucket, Github
● Oversee the development and execution of test plans, monitoring, and reporting on test execution and quality metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to develop and streamline CI/CD pipelines
● Ability to setup automation frameworks and develop test suites against both client side and API
● Able to understand loosely defined specifications and discovery of software behaviors via ad-hoc
● Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively communicate with the rest of the team.
● Strong ownership instincts.
● Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
● Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
● 10+ years of experience in software development specializing in quality assurance/ test automation / release engineering.
● Expert level experience in software development methodologies in addition to test automation technologies.
● Expert level experience in building a SDET/Release organization that is responsible for end-end validation for critical systems or applications