Salesforce Developer at ChowNow
Specifically, you will:
- Use your Salesforce development expertise to design and execute solutions for new strategic projects while supporting incoming production requests.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop Salesforce as a platform for smarter selling, growth marketing, and customer support at scale.
- Reduce Salesforce tech debt by conducting code reviews and refactoring where necessary.
- Join the technical migration from Salesforce Classic to Lightning UI.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand their problems and develop automated solutions in Salesforce as well as an ecosystem of integrations and installed packages.
- Discover processes that can be automated to enrich the user experience for our end-users and customers, then design and execute elegant solutions.
- Manage environments, deployments, data cleansing & data import tasks.
- Balance the need for custom code and configuration, while adhering to Salesforce best practices for declarative development.
- Contribute as a valued team member to our culture of mutual respect, productivity, diversity, and continuous learning.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years of Salesforce development experience with additional background in ERP, data tools, or other internal system implementations.
- You have an understanding of web services and REST API development.
- You are comfortable wearing a solution architecture hat, working directly with business stakeholders to understand their goals and translating them into best in class solutions.
- You have an understanding of SDLC best practices and demonstrable experience applying them to Salesforce application development, including unit testing, code hygiene, GitHub, and repository maintenance.
- You have the ability to shift gears between declarative configuration, code, and integration development.
- You have at least 1 active Salesforce development certification. (Advanced certifications are a plus)
- You work well as a team, contributing to our culture of collaboration, sharing knowledge, and encouraging each other.
- You have a personal passion for continued learning.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow onboarding camp to gain a deep understanding of our mission, customers and business.
- Shadow each stakeholder department, gaining an understanding of the ChowNow business workflows in Salesforce and our ecosystem of integrated applications.
- Begin attending regular prioritization and requirements meetings as part of the Business Systems team.
- Start contributing to sprints by completing your first development tasks.
- Complete a deep dive review of our Salesforce customizations and end to end system flows.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate as an active team member in bi-weekly development sprints.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the current state of Salesforce at ChowNow and take ownership of an area for improvement, such as automation, tech debt reduction, or code refactoring.
- Contribute to at least one strategic Salesforce project.
- Demo the completion of your first enhancements to stakeholders in our bi-weekly sprint review.
- Complete deep learning in at least one Salesforce object and own improvements or automation.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Become a trusted partner to the business by solving some of the most common pain points causing friction for our users or customers.
- Contribute to the successful completion of Lightning migration.
- Own the end to end process for your assigned user stories; from requirements through unit testing and release.
- Work with stakeholders to solve at least one pain point in the Sales, Customer Support or Growth Marketing process.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.