Salesforce Developer at GoGuardian
At GoGuardian, we're helping share the future of digital learning by providing educators, students, and schools with tools to create engaging and equitable learning environments. Together, we build innovative solutions to empower students, deliver insights, and encourage experimentation. With employees around the globe, we're committed to building a culture of inclusivity, curiosity, and courage. GoGuardian's growth is fast and ever-evolving, and our teams are growing along with it - always ready to experiment and learn.
We're here for the cause, but also for the culture. We celebrate our successes and wins together, and make time to appreciate our teammates every day. Take a peek into your future at GoGuardian: our Slack channels include #gardenclub, #boardgametime, #bookrecs, and #petphotos. There's always something fun going on, including concerts, classes, book clubs, and more! From virtual trivia to local meet-ups, Guardians are always finding ways to connect.
The GoGuardian Revenue Operations team is looking for a skilled Salesforce Developer NO C2C. This role will partner with our Revenue Infrastructure Engineer to support and develop applications to help us effectively track and manage the business from within Salesforce. This individual will ensure Salesforce and all connected applications meet our needs as we grow and scale the company.
The Salesforce Developer will report directly to the Senior Manager of Sales Operations. The selected candidate will deliver technology solutions leveraging strong technical experience to architect, engineer and provide guidance on the delivery of key Salesforce related initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Administer, customize and configure Salesforce features including but not limited to Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Workflows, Flows, Process Builders, Apex Classes and Triggers, Reports, Dashboards, Objects, Custom Fields, Record Types, Validation Rules, etc.
- Organize and lead technical design sessions and prepare technical design documentation for new Salesforce automation features
- Help define technical standards and guidelines for Salesforce development
- Provide technical guidance and be a technical mentor to Salesforce Admin team
- Own Salesforce QA by peer reviewing and approving all automation deployments
- Develop customized solutions to support critical business functions and meet project objectives
- Analyze highly complex requirements, provide coding direction to other Salesforce Administrators, and develop high quality Apex code with supporting unit tests
- Audit, identify, and resolve data integrity issues using tools such as Workbench and Dataloader
- Manage the software testing process, which includes devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating actual software testing
- Log and track identified system problems through resolution
- Continually optimize our workflow to maximize sales effectiveness within Salesforce.com Sales and Service Cloud applications
- Working with management, strategic planning & analysis staff and end-users to create and manage complex automations, data validation, and triggers
- Create and document application requirements by working together with those involved in the development of program enhancements and changes including program staff, programmers, strategic planning and analysis staff and/or outside consultants as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelor's Degree
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification
- 3+ years related Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, and declarative automation tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage shifting priorities
- Team player with strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Adept at project management and cross-functional collaboration
- Experience with agile development and methodologies
- Creative and strategic thinker with keen attention to detail
- Strong understanding of CRM systems and relational databases with emphasis on Salesforce.com
- Experience with querying languages such as SQL and SOQL
- Experience integrating Salesforce with 3rd party applications not available in app exchange via Salesforce API
- Knowledge of Salesforce security concepts (authentication, encryption, SSL, SSO, etc.)
What We Offer
- A varied and challenging role in a multinational and highly innovative company
- A robust benefits package including health insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match, employee stock option plan, paid parental leave, 13 paid company holidays, and much more
- Development and further training opportunities for shaping and realizing your career goals
- Exceptional colleagues with a passion for EdTech
GoGuardian is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. GoGuardian does not discriminate against employees, applicants, interns or volunteers on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, registered domestic partner status, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.