Factual is the location data company trusted by the world’s most valuable brands and technology companies to understand and intelligently grow their businesses. We help engineering teams, marketers, and data analysts build the best digital products, deliver more impactful marketing and transform their businesses with the most accurate and comprehensive data on places and people worldwide.
About the Sales Engineering Team:
Sales Engineering is a highly collaborative team that partners with Product, Business Development, Revenue, and Engineering. We see it all - product launches, signed deals, sales forecasts, and a ton of source code. We not only explain technical capabilities to potential clients, but we also scope cutting-edge new products and integrations, onboard new clients, and provide ongoing support for existing clients that use Factual's solutions.
- You're curious and love to learn - you view every job as a new learning opportunity. You love to take apart things and learn how they work.
- You’re a self starter - you don’t expect to receive a how-to manual for the job, and you’re resourceful when a problem arises
- You are innovative- you take any opportunity to automate and streamline tasks to make processes more efficient and to improve the lives of you and your teammates
- You’re an interdisciplinary learner - you are excited about the intersection of business and technology and love getting exposure to all sides of the business
- You love data!
About the Job:
- You will act as a technical point of contact, internally and externally, for Factual data and software evaluations in a client-facing role
- You will lead on POCs (proof of concepts), from gathering client use cases to delivery, that open up opportunities for Factual and potentially turn into fully supported products
- You will iterate on alpha products with our Product and core Engineering teams to launch and scale new offerings
- You will setup, maintain, and improve partner integrations
Experience we’re looking for:
- Shell scripting and comfort with command line utilities (we use Bash, Ruby, and Python)
- An understanding of how APIs work and HTTP request/response concepts
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (we use Ruby, Python, Java, Clojure, and Scala)
- Well-versed in reading code, technical documentation, and stack traces
- Experience with data wrangling and deriving insights from data
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to haves:
- Experience delivering data via SFTP, Dropbox, Amazon S3, and/or various web APIs
- Exposure to cluster computing and containerization (we use Mesos and Docker)
- Exposure to big data environments (we use Hive, Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (we use PostgreSQL and MySQL)
- Experience in the digital advertising and marketing industry
- Experience with synthesizing client/user feedback and transforming feedback into product requirements
- A good sense of balancing business vs. technical trade-offs
- A degree or minor in Business, related field, or equivalent experience