Robotics Specialist at Relativity Space
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
Relativity is looking for CNC Machinists and engineers to join our multifaceted Additive Development Group where you will work with our team Software and Robotics Engineers alongside Weld and Materials Engineers to develop and mature the core of our Additive Manufacturing technology to autonomously 3D print rockets!
What you’ll do:
Our mission is to induce a paradigm shift in how rockets are built and flown. As a Robotics Specialist, you be responsible for developing the methods for how we post-process and machining our 3D printed components
As a Robotics Specialist, you will have the opportunity to develop the machining capabilities of proprietary 6+ axis robotic cells while supporting the build of our flight vehicles. In this position the specialist is expected to learn the current system and utilize their knowledge of precision machining and robotics (gantry based robotics included) to increase the capabilities of our robotic machining. In this position, the specialist will utilize the support of robotics engineers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers to further develop precision subtractive robotic manufacturing capabilities to augment our one of a kind large-scale metal 3D printer (Stargate).
What you need to know:
- 5 years’ experience NC programming/Machining
- Experience with multi axis robots. Gantry based robots included.
- CAD/CAM experience
- Experience with CNC machinery (lathe, mill, waterjet, laser cutter, EDM)
- Excellent command of GD&T principles
- Comfortable working with very large CNC machines
- Capable of performing first article and in-process inspections
Nice to haves but not required:
- CAD/CAM experience for path planning for additive and subtractive
- Experience with CMM
- Experience using industrial robotic arms
- Experience using AutoDesk Powermill
- Basic experience in command line and git
- Experience generating engineering drawings per ASME Y14.5
- Experience working on massive parts
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.