Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Research Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working closely with our Engineering team, you will be tasked with solving interesting technical challenges, such as designing cutting edge techniques to push our products forward, deploying smart algorithms to handle our scale, and improving the Snapchat experience for millions of people every day.
What you'll do:
- Develop state-of-the-art approaches to impact products
- Evaluate the technical trade-offs of every decision
- Introduce major innovations that can result in product features or new areas of business
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
What we're looking for:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Masters/PhD in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred
- 3+ years of software engineering experience preferred
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience with projects that could potentially impact our products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- An individual who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone with a collaborative, positive, and team-oriented mindset
- Hands-on experience and fast prototyping skills preferred
- Industrial experience via prior internships or previous jobs is a plus
- Experience building algorithms that are scalable to large data sets
- Demonstrated ability in both research and development
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].