REMOTE- Sr. Software Engineer at Pluto TV (Greater LA Area, CA)
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Pluto TV is looking for an experienced backend software engineer for development of new, as well as improvement of existing, backend services who is confident with high volume and high-performance Node.js servers! Some experience with Ad Tech is helpful.
- Design, implementation and deployment of new scalable and secure Node.js services
- Refactoring and modernizing of legacy Node.js services.
- Integration of external services.
- Prototyping of new technologies to reduce cost and increase engineer velocity.
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
- 5-8 years experience designing, implementing and running Node.js servers (or other languages) in demanding high traffic environments.
- Strong Node.js experience (our platform is Node-based).
- Cloud experience: AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Extremely technical hands-on server software experience
- Bonus points for experience with online advertising - ad servers, programmatic ad servers, RTB, DSPs, SSPs, VAST, VMAP, Freewheel, Doubleclick.
- Ability to work within a distributed team
- Experience with: ○ MongoDB ○ Redis ○ Typescript ○ GoLang
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.