REMOTE Engineering Manager, Production Operations at Pluto TV (Greater LA Area, CA)
*This is a 100% remote job opportunity*
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The Engineering Manager, Production Operations for the Pluto TV Team is responsible for leading the team that runs our production infrastructure (and more), ensuring reliable, highly available and performant systems, delivering content to our many viewers.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, managing a team that needs to:
● Plan, design, build, monitor, and improve our production infrastructure and operational processes.
● Work with SRE, DevOps and Observability teams to build and maintain all cloud infrastructure with focus on reliability, efficiency, scalability and costs.
● Work with development, engineering, and STE (Software Test Engineering) to prepare and support all production releases and upgrades.
● Participate in the lifecycle process for incident response, mitigation, escalation, analysis and reporting.
● Working with Engineering and Operations teams to resolve any active incidents as well as proactively mitigate future platform issues.
● Leverage our observability platforms to detect variance/outliers in our key systems and work with engineering teams and the NOC team to proactively avoid incidents, optimize MTBF & reduce MTTR.
● Help review and improve existing processes and operational runbooks for the NOC team.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking:
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in the role:
● Ideal candidate will have experience with Kubernetes and MongoDB
● Effective, clear communicator, able to articulate across all levels of the organization.
● 4+ years of supervisory experience leading a production facing ops/devops/SRE team.
● 4+ years of experience with incident management or ITIL processes.
● 4+ years of experience with a visibility/observability platform like Datadog, SignalFX, Prometheus, or similar.
● 2+ years of experience with configuration management tools such as Terraform (preferred), Cloudformation, Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
● 4+ years of DevOps experience for large scale AWS services including EKS, EC2, VPC, S3, Lambda, Cloudwatch.
● Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Computer programming or similar IT/Computer Science studies.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.