Regulatory QA Manager at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Regulatory Quality Assurance Manager to manage our product Quality Assurance team at our warehouse in Chatsworth, CA. This position will also work out of our company headquarters in Woodland Hills, CA.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for ensuring warehouse compliance to applicable governing regulations for dietary supplements, food, cosmetics, and pet foods. To this end, this individual must coach the existing Quality team to drive for continuous improvement while maintaining adherence to the Quality Management System. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for investigating nonconformances and generating corrective actions that address root causes as well as conducting investigations pertaining to product complaints. This requires the ability to drive investigation timelines for contract manufacturers. Finally, this individual will be responsible for collecting and evaluating supplier compliance and performance through third party testing and insight from product complaints so they may provide feedback necessary for business evaluation.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Coaches Quality Supervisor and QA warehouse team to ensure excellent adherence to Quality Management System and support of continuous improvement initiatives
- Conducts documented investigations of customer product complaints
- Conducts documented CAPA investigations, implements corrective actions, and monitors effectiveness of all corrective/preventative actions
- Manages Supplier Qualification Program through evaluation of product quality and supplier performance including dissemination of supplier performance to Product Development and Supply Chain teams
- Conducts internal audits and addresses any deficiencies found during internal or external audits
- Oversees Quality inspection of incoming products and returned goods
- Point person for all 3rd party product testing inquiries
- This position will work out of our Warehouse in Chatsworth, CA and our company headquarters in Woodland Hills, CA. Regular driving will be required.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- 5+ years of experience in role, 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Biochemistry or other related field
- Excellent coaching capabilities that result in ability to delegate additional and advanced Quality duties to direct reports
- Thoughtful and intelligent investigative skills that result in determination of true root causes and corrective actions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and timelines while maintaining informed and timely interdepartmental communication
- Knowledge of dietary supplement, food, cosmetic and pet food regulations and warehouse environment
- Detail-oriented with strong managerial, organization, and project management skills
- Self-driven, focused individual with strong time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in collaborative group environment as well as individually
- Strength in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data results
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) with HighJump/NetSuite experience preferred
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo