Quality Engineer - Mechanical/Civil at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop One, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
We innovate, test, and build the future we want to see – so we can leave the world better than we found it. If you thrive on challenge, collaboration, and the boundless potential of a start-up, then we encourage you to apply.
WHY WE NEED YOU
The Quality Engineering team is responsible for assuring system & product level requirements are verified to industry standards and we need an experienced engineer to support product development of a new transportation system by assessing and providing recommendation for infrastructure design, review and approval of weld procedures and qualification records, assuring site safety, and maintaining principles of the quality management system through the supply chain.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
You will provide guidance for all activities supporting the civil structure and track elements at VHO, supporting the development, integration, and testing of a new transportation system. Including the responsibilities below:
- Perform structural design/analysis calculations for structural steel, concrete and foundations.
- Review and/or create analysis and or inspection reports.
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, and clients. In some cases, product and configuration audit shall be performed
- Create, maintain, and enforce Quality Plan for all civil projects.
- Provide direct onsite structural inspections and field observations.
- Verification for civil & mechanical works and compliance of quality standards, specifications prescribed in the contract and/or requirements.
- Supervise effective implementation of all test and inspection schedule and ensure adherence to all procedures and coordinate with various teams to perform quality audits on processes.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving Weld Procedures and Personnel Qualification Records provided be vendors.
- Responsible for conducting nondestructive examination on complex assemblies on the shop floor and/or construction site as required.
- Conduct receiving, in-process, and final inspection of articles and assemblies as required.
- Responsible for verifying vendor reports (i.e. material certification, test reports, etc.) and internal fabrication documentation such as work instruction, travelers, and end of line test reports
- Recommend adjustments to the production process, inspect, test, or measure materials as required
- Initiating nonconformance, conduct root cause analysis, and issue corrective actions as required
- Member of material review board team to ensure anomalies & non-conformances are dispositioned and re-verified
- Support and maintain site safety to ensure that projects are completed in accordance with established safety procedures, requirements and goals
WHAT YOU'VE DONE:
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma with equivalent work experience
- Understanding of other disciplines, such as, electrical, geotechnical, and surveying.
- Experience programming and running several versions of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM).
- Experience in welding standards such as AWS, ASME, and NACE.
- Heavy rigging experience both in analysis and application.
- Advanced experience using basic machine shop tools, caliper, micrometer, gauges and jigs
- Hands-on working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 & GD&T principles
- Experience working in an ISO9001/AS9100/IATF 16949 environment
- Proficient with PC tools such as Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, & Project
- Ability to grasp or manipulate objects with one or both hands.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and use office equipment in the course of normal duties.
- Ability to work on a construction site in hazardous conditions
- Ability to operate a forklift to enable part movement and kitting through the shop.
- Our Team: collaborate with some of the most brilliant, creative, and hard-working people you have ever met
- Our Stock Options: own a piece of the company that you’re helping to build
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: 16 weeks of paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, fitness activities, meditation space, catered lunches, on-site massages, and more