Quality Engineer, Electrical at Virgin Hyperloop
To connect the world, we must reflect the world. At Virgin Hyperloop, we’re bringing together unique perspectives, empowering our community to celebrate all voices, and creating equal opportunities to build, grow, and thrive.
As a Quality Engineer, you will support Virgin Hyperloop in the areas of new product development of power supply solutions (linear power, magnetics, power converters, batteries, etc.), manufacturing integration, supplier engagement, product verification, technical data reviews and quality system management.
- Perform mechanical engineering design reviews, audits, and quality inspections for the development and integration of new a transportation vehicle
- Develop and establish quality systems and procedures, inspections plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans and continuous improvement initiatives specific to assigned product.
- Responsible for supporting engineering with development of electrical hardware components that includes wire harness and cabling fabrication, circuit board assemblies, power distribution panels, power supplies, light assemblies, routers, convertors, switches, equipment racks, servers, routers, relays, encryptors, etc.
- Shall be recognized as a key subject matter expert on IPC 610, IPC 620, and J-STD-001 standards.
- Perform verification of electrical & mechanical specifications prescribed in the contract and/or requirements.
- Develop product specific quality programs and interface with production supervisors and operators, inspectors, program managers, and design engineers.
- Act as a liaison with engineering in developing validation tests, test speciﬁcations, and in-line test equipment.
- Lead internal and external process and product audits (i.e. ISO 9001, AS9100, etc.)
- Interfaces with Design Engineering, Test, Manufacturing, Materials, and Procurement personnel on procedural issues involving design, methods, tooling, cost and other areas involved in the control of product quality.
- Review PCB fab drawings, PCB assembly drawings, and electro-mechanical drawings and provide input to influence new product designs.
- Conduct, review, and approve First Article Inspection reports per AS9102 or equivalent.
- Conduct, review, an approve corrective and preventive Actions (CAR/PAR) from internal and external customers.
- Develop process flow charts/diagrams and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment such as (e.g., voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, and infrared testers.
- Perform technical analyses of systems engineering products such as Requirements, Preliminary and Critical Design Reviews, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Reports, Systems Engineering Master Plans, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) submittals, and others as required.
- Ability to grasp or manipulate objects with one or both hands
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and use office equipment in the course of normal duties
- Ability to work on a construction site in hazardous conditions
- Bachelor's degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or another related field or equivalent work experience
- Manufacturing and/or quality background in electrical components, especially PWB, PWA, J-STDs
- Hands-on working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
- Demonstrated ability in reading/understanding blueprints and technical manuals and reports
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings
- Working knowledge of Li-ion batteries and Battery Management Systems
- Familiar with code compliance such as UL, NEC, IEC, etc.
WHY VIRGIN HYPERLOOP
- Our Benefits: medical (including infertility & mental health), dental, vision, life, FSA, HSA, 401k, and more
- Your Wellbeing: flexible work schedules, unlimited PTO, and 16 weeks of paid parental leave