GOAT is seeking a detail oriented, process driven individual in our Quality Control department. As a Quality Control Specialist at GOAT you will examine each sneaker after authenticity has been determined to ensure seller provided information is correct and the shoe is sold as listed. Condition analysis is essential to our business - this includes but is not limited to shoe condition, size, SKU, box condition, and inclusion of original packaging or accessories. You have laser focus, a great eye, are eager to learn and adapt easily. You are a team player and work across every pillar of Operations to get every shoe out accurately and efficiently. If hired, you will be employed by a third party and assigned to GOAT.
In this role you will:
- Learn and stay up-to-date on individual sneaker model characteristics
- Develop an understanding of shoe conditions, specifically those that are considered "issues" by GOAT standards
- Examine product as part of the authentication process
- Ensure all the details of the transactions are correct in the product and order conditions, i.e. SKU, size, condition, original packaging, etc
- Restore and upkeep products to its original, factory presentation
- Maintain a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
- Be able to help out in fulfillment by packing out orders
What we are looking for:
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- Passion for sneakers and sneaker industry is a huge plus
- A proven decision maker who develops an internal process and adheres to it
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Must be available and willing to work extended hours as occasionally needed (during crunch times!) per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, to meet business needs
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description