Quality Assurance Manager
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Who we are...
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
"We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day."
When you join Hallmark Labs, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are a diverse team of innovators dedicated to enhancing relationships and enriching lives with state-of-the-art products.
We believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That's why we offer comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision for you and your family. We also provide wellness incentives, spin classes, on-site massage chairs and bicycles, employee assistance programs, ergonomics assessments, beach days and more.
The Hallmark Labs team is responsible for supporting the video delivery and architecture of the Hallmark Movies Now service streamed on over 16+ platforms, the creation and support of the Hallmark eCards service as well as all backend API services they are based on. Quality Assurance is an extremely important part of our success.
The Quality Assurance Manager - Web, Mobile and Devices will be responsible for overseeing the QA of all web, mobile and devices for our apps and sites. This position will oversee/manage a team of fulltime QA resources and set deadlines and direction for the team. The ideal candidate should be very knowledgeable of the scrum process. The objective as a team is to maintain a premium video streaming and web experience in line with the leaders in the industry.
We are looking for a strong leader who can juggle multiple projects at once and maintain a team focus that keeps our products and services performing at a high level.
- Manage overall QA team, including the QA roadmap & the teams technology stack
- Work with product owners and team stakeholders to review new features and create comprehensive test plans
- Expand on our automated QA workflow to improve efficiency
- Maintain a communication plan and communicate to leadership, stakeholders, and staff the current status of our services and apps as well as status of future enhancements to the QA workflow in a timely manner.
- Refine the team processes
- Load balance assignments to the team
- Work with engineering, DevOps, design and product teams to remove any blockers
- Minimum of 2 years of QA management or lead experience
- Bachelors degree or 4+ years professional work experience
- Experience with testing mobile, web and other streaming devices
- Experience working as part of an Agile Scrum team
- Experience with ticketing systems (examples: Jira, Rally, etc.)
- Skilled in 3 or more of the following tools/languages:
- XCode Server
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.