Quality Analyst - League of Legends
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
Quality Analysts are champions of quality focused on a comprehensive approach to testing to ensure the success of Riot’s projects. They assist with crafting test plans, and ensure the execution of testing activities on their assigned team and/or product features. The Quality Analyst will verify that products and features meet functional and non-functional requirements, while also validating that software is satisfying story/epic criteria. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it’s their passion and love for LoL that ensures that Quality Analysts help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences on the battlefield.
As a Quality Analyst on League of Legends, you will be working with numerous disciplines and responsible for executing on established objectives for the team. You will also be improving on methods of execution at the team-level. You will represent the voice of players with potential to influence team objectives. You will work directly with developers to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the execution of all test coverage within your product space and handle test, telemetry, and defect data and report regularly on product quality.
- Execution of the test plan for the team and reporting on product quality
- Writing and management of defects (in JIRA) against the assigned product
- Assisting on creation of test strategy/test plans.
- Optimizing test coverage and focus based on real time risks, progress, discovery and feedback (Agile Testing)
- Raising awareness on product/process risks & challenges and suggest mitigation
- Helps other disciplines learn to self-test
- Voice of quality (day to day); executes and reports progress on quality plan
- Point of Contact for test Vendors. Ensures successful focus and delivery.
- Identifying and fighting for automation and tools (to improve execution efficiency)
- Contributing to continuous improvement of team (enact RCA and retro changes)
- Provide data and information to ensure solid release sign off
- Drives all reporting required to inform team on coverage/defects/readiness.
Role Requirements and Applicable Technologies:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum years of related work experience:
- 2+ years Quality Assurance experience
- Recommended Licenses/certifications (such as hardware, software, special skills):
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).