QA/Automation Engineer at Altruist
What do we do at Altruist?
We help you do better with your money by empowering financial advisors to do their best work.
Altruist is an LA fintech company that's making investing fair for everyone, allowing real people to make more while paying less. Our platform is the only solution for modern financial advisors who put their clients first.
We’re looking to hire a world-class team of talented technologists with a passion for start-up culture. A fintech background with an understanding of the complexity around security, high availability, and accuracy of building these systems is a big plus.
What will you do?
- Work with developers and product managers to understand requirements and use cases
- Create plans to test features during the design and development phase and integrate into our CI pipeline
- Write scripts for performance testing in Jmeter/Gatling or other equivalent performance tools
- Execute and analyze load and performance tests and identify performance bottlenecks
- Implement and maintain automated suites for integration, API, UI, and system tests
- Administer integration and regression test plans
- Work with engineering teams to continuously improve quality
- Write and maintain test plans and cases
- Performance test environments in the cloud
What will you need?
- 8+ years of experience building front and back end automation framework
- Familiarity with performance testing framework
- Ability to wear multiple hats to help us achieve our goals
- Understanding of software testing methodologies and test-driven development
- Understanding of databases, SQL, and application servers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Java/Python is a must
- Browser-based UI automation, Selenium/Robot frameworks, and API testing experience
- Experience with SaaS environment and/or Cloud Services
About our culture
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their crafts.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits including a 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule, including unlimited vacation time. Our office is located in the heart of Venice, on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
A good resume will help you stand out, but we’re most interested in motivated developers who will stop at nothing to create the best product they can. We're looking for talented, self-managed engineers who understand business priorities and can help prepare systems to meet these needs.