THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 35 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 25 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 35 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: QA TESTER (CONTRACT)
Brainjolt is looking for a part-time QA Tester to support our development and ad ops teams. This contract position will be 15-20 hours per week at the Pasadena office. Responsibilities include:
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with Engineering Team to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Proven experience as a QA manual tester or similar role
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong organizational skills
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- No Drama
Please note this is a contract role, non-eligible for benefits. The contract will be for 15-20 hours per week at our Pasadena, CA headquarters.