QA Regulatory Specialist, Cosmetics at Golden Hippo (Greater LA Area, CA)
Who We Are:
Golden Hippo is an employee-owned, vertically-integrated, highly profitable direct-to-consumer marketer of health, beauty, and pet care brands that collectively generate $1 billion of revenue annually. Our employees are passionate about our mission to create best-in-class products across broadly appealing categories — to help people live their healthiest, happiest lives.
Our A-players are results-driven creative thinkers who like to move fast, get the job done, and have fun doing it. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive massive growth, we want to hear from you!
Why Golden Hippo:
Here at Golden Hippo, we work to develop best-in-class products, revolutionary marketing campaigns, and glowing customer experiences. We pride ourselves on our award-winning culture and incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Award-winning culture… Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2021, Best Teams - Marketing 2021, Best Company - Leadership 2020, and more! Click here to view more.
- Competitive salary & bonus opportunities
- Flexible, remote work arrangements available for most positions
- Highly valuable employee stock ownership plan (ESOP)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, parental leave, and more)
- Generous matching 401K plan
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
- Highly interactive, challenging work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, Tuition Assistance Program, book club, film club, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere
- In-office gym & fitness classes, fully-stocked kitchen, plus regular yoga, meditation breaks, happy hours, and events
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a QA Regulatory Specialist, Cosmetics who will be responsible for ensuring regulations are met for all cosmetic products and brands. They will evaluate and approve contract manufacturers, review all product labeling, and ensure product quality meets all applicable regulations. They will also be responsible for ensuring compliance for differing international market regulations and retailer requirements.
What Your Day-to-Day Will Look Like:
- Reviews product label artwork to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations
- Creates and maintains all product specifications
- Conducts and reports out results for all onsite audits of contract manufacturers as needed
- Provides regulatory counsel for Product Development team and educates business on regulation requirements (I.E. claim substantiation, registrations, retailer contract review, etc)
- Maintains supplier approval program for all cosmetic contract manufacturers
- Monitors regulatory environment for changes to regulations
- Prepares regulatory documentation for submission to regulatory agencies as needed (i.e. OTC FDA Registrations, audit responses, claim substantiation, etc.)
- Provides support for product complaint investigations and supplier compliance analysis
The Best Candidates Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related field
- 1-3 years’ experience in cosmetic regulatory space
- Extensive knowledge of cosmetic regulations and GMPs
- Strong organizational prowess and ability to prioritize several tasks appropriately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Knowledge of FDA SPL Form submission preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Golden Hippo strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, for applicants in Los Angeles, California, and consistent with applicable laws in other areas.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Golden Hippo recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Golden Hippo may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
AL AK AZ AR CA CO CT FL HI ID IL IN KS MA MI MT NV NM NY NC OH OR TN VA TX UT WA Remote