We are looking for a hands on QA Engineer to join our current team. You will provide expertise in areas of manual testing to improve practices, tools, and processes. You will work collaboratively across the entire engineering organization and help ensure best practices with other QA engineers on the team. Your effective communication and autonomy will help drive a stronger workflow amongst our small distributed team. Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be working on:
- Perform a variety of manual tests including UI tests, regression tests, and sanity tests
- Explore and help to implement automated testing strategies
- Demonstrate strong understanding of test plans (test cases, test scenarios, testing cadence, and test execution)
- Manage project progress to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure that all identified issues are well documented and followed-up on where needed
- Collaborate with the product, design, and engineering teams to ensure accurate project execution
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in QA
- Previous experience working in a QA team environment, writing test cases, and performing tests
- Familiarity with project management and bug tracking tools (e.g. Testrail, JIRA)
- A good understanding of web technologies (bonus points for iOS/ Android hardware)
- Self-sufficiency in managing work to meet goals and deadlines
- Excellent English communication and the ability to effectively explain technical concepts in a clear and concise way
SURE is on a mission to improve every aspect of insurance by reinventing how people interact with insurance. Our e-commerce SaaS and CRM reinvents how people buy insurance, giving carriers and brokers a platform to reach out to customers and provide a hassle-free way to sell and manage insurance policies.
SURE revolutionized insurance in 2015 with the introduction of Episodic Insurance™, making it possible for anyone to purchase on-demand insurance with a smartphone. Today, SURE provides the tools that power global insurance companies and consumer brands to distribute and service any insurance policy digitally. This cohesive ecosystem of managed technology, insurance products, APIs, and Insurance-as-a-Service helps insurance companies and brands manage digital sales, launch new markets, and modernize their systems. Recently, SURE was selected as one of CNBC's Top 100 Startups. SURE has offices in Santa Monica, New York City, and Johannesburg, is licensed in all 50 states, and partners with more than 35 global insurance carriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Employment at SURE is contingent upon a satisfactory verification of criminal, education, driving and/or employment background. Upon an offer of employment, all prospective employees may be required to complete an employment application which includes work history, education details, and criminal history during or after the interview process. Any background verifications will be obtained with written consent from the individual.