As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join a team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative life safety and life style products. Testing will be primarily focused on qualifying and releasing iOS, Android, web applications in conjunction with backend services / APIs to build home security and home automation solutions.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and develop test strategies to effectively qualify Ring products to meet high quality and release schedules
- Design and develop test plans for mid-size components, features, applications, device software or services with minimal feedback
- Train and prepare QA members team to execute test cases as per the release plan
- Develop reusable and reliable automated scripts and make them part of continuous integration / build systems
- Qualify Ring products with end user device interactions and product usability in multi domain variance – mobile devices, operating systems, browser versions, and device ecosystems.
- Refine release procedures and conduct release tests to support continuous integration and delivery of core components, services and system across environments (Dev, QA, Staging, Production). Support preparing release notes for incremental releases and assist with reproducing production issues.
- Understand component test strategies for product architecture and where necessary, make quality trade-off decisions at the feature level
- Assist in automation of implemented frameworks
- Simplify and extend team development, test, and operations processes. Recommend and improve quality metrics
- Proactively report product readiness status to stake holders and effectively apply solutions that assess and mitigate quality risks for product releases
- Troubleshoot and isolate bugs to help developers research the root cause of problems, and track defects through resolution
- Take ownership of problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, and either drive their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner
- Train and mentor interns and new hires
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of Software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, tools and test process
- Experience working with product owners refining user stories and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- iOS, Android, web applications testing
- Rest API testing – Postman, SoapUI
- Application Automation Testing – Appium, Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, TestRail
- Device integrations corresponding to Z-wave, Zigbee, Lutron, Alexa, Home kit
- Familiar with home security and home automation products
- Regulatory standards - UL, CP-O1, Alexa, iOS, Android, Z-wave, ZigBee, FCC, PTCRB
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description