QA Engineer (Server)
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve... wanna join?
Who we're looking for:
Zwift seeks an experienced QA Engineer to join our team. As part of our QA Team, you will be responsible for the front-end and back-end manual testing of Zwift’s server infrastructure, eCommerce and internal applications. You will help influence and acquire the methods, practices, and tools we’ll use to drive how we test into the future.
What you'll do:
- Design, collect, organize, amend, and execute server-related Test Cases against software in development and production
- Organize and perform regression and ad-hoc testing to reveal bugs in software
- Participate in technical design and provide a voice for testability and quality
- Review and document specification, collaborating with developers to build Test Cases
- Continually improve Test Cases to ensure coverage on all Zwift software products
- Continually maintain and run Regression Test Suites and effectively report results
- Identify, source, define, and implement useful, specialized tools and/or methods to benefit process, automation, and reporting
- Perform manual with some automated testing of RESTful APIs with API tools such as Postman, Fiddler, Charles Proxy and Swagger
- Craft detailed, reproducible, and concise bug reports
- Reproduce and document bugs reported from the field
- Help design, refine, and distribute QA reports and feedback to development, product managers, customer support, and senior management
- Foster strong, communicative team spirit supporting our globally distributed development, server, backend, and web teams
What we're looking for:
- A deep understanding of the QA process and practices
- Exceptional and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ideation skills for new technology and applications with a passionate about continuous learning and growth
- Agile development experience with the capability in working with kanban and structured environments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a technically curious drive
- Uncompromising attention to detail and commitment to quality as demonstrated through past experiences
- Strong experience with JIRA, Zephyr (or similar) Test Case Management, Jenkins, and similar tools
- Experience with ECom related technologies; data analytics, web hooks, connectors, order management systems
- Experience with TestCafe or Postman, Swagger, JMeter, Cucumber, Selenium, etc.
- Manual testing experience with frontend and backend API and databases
- Browser Dev Console Testing experience in Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari
- Experience with data analysis systems such as Segment.io, Amplitude, Mixpanel
- Testing experience in iOS/Android/PC/Mac/tvOS Platforms
- Experience with establishing cross-functional, collaborative relationships with various business and technology teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness
Top 5 reasons we think you’ll love it here:
- Fast growing, dynamic environment. Your job will never get boring!
- Awesome team of talented individuals who love what we do
- Competitive Benefits (including Medical, Dental, and Vision), including an employee bike program
- Amazing office location in downtown Long Beach with killer views
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
If you are excited about this role, we strongly encourage you to include a cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but a well thought out letter introducing us to your skills and personality will stand out among the rest.
Zwift LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.