QA Engineer, AdTech
Greater LA Area
About The Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We’re headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, and Columbus.
About The Job.
Gimbal is looking for a QA Engineer with an AdTech/SaaS background to join our team. You will be working alongside Product and Engineering to ensure and improve the quality of our product offerings. This includes everything from web applications, ETL process, and measurement/analytics algorithms. You will represent the voice of both internal and external users as you help us define priorities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Planning, writing and implementing automated and manual tests for applications on the Gimbal platform
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Triaging and prioritizing bugs identified by end users of our platform
- Performing new feature functionality & regression testing
- Identifying, recording, and tracking bugs end-to-end
- Supporting internal & external use cases
- Coordinating cross-functionally to ensure effective communication
- Supporting agile development approach through participation in daily standups
- Becoming an expert and knowledge source on all Gimbal products
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver — you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- A perpetual learner — you're excited to learn new technologies on-the-job and to continually build your skillset
- A self-starter — you thrive working in small, collaborative teams with a focus on innovation
- A strategic adapter — you are meticulous with your work, but never lose sight of the big picture
- Customer-focused — you always act with the customer top of mind
What You Have
- BS / BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related experience
- 2+ years of experience in a software QA role, with background establishing support teams and building out QA processes
- Working experience with SQL
- 2+ years AdTech experience, preferably in a startup environment
- Familiarity with SaaS and/or iOS/Android Platform Testing
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401k plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description