QA Automation Engineer at Solver, Inc.
We are seeking a software tester & quality assurance automation engineer to join our expanding BI360 development team in West Los Angeles. You will assist with application testing, writing automation tests utilizing Selenium and help maintain technical documentation. You will work closely with the development team and report to the QA Manager. This position is based in our West Los Angeles global headquarters and is open for amazing candidates currently living in the LA area.
Your primary responsibility will be to help maintain quality of the products we produce. This includes researching, designing and coding regression tests utilizing Selenium. You will test for user interface, API and data validation testing of the BI360 product suite.
- Develop and implement automated testing solutions
- Develop, document and execute test cases based on business requirements, functional/technical requirements and user stories utilizing Selenium
- Contribute to enhancing QA processes and procedures
- Utilize manual and automated testing to ensure stability of each release
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the products
- Identify bug trends and drive resolution process
- Work closely with Customer Support and other internal teams to document discovered bugs, define use cases, and perform risk analysis
If you currently live in the Los Angeles area, read on...
Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or passion for technology. An exceptional academic history or proven hands on experience is required. You currently live in Los Angeles.
To succeed in this position, you should have:
- 3+ years of experience in an Automation Quality Engineer role
- Experience with testing applications written in AngularJS / Angular, C# and HTML5
- Experience testing RESTful web services
- Proficient in understanding database schemas and query tools. Ability to write ad-hoc SQL queries to validate data, preferably using SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Experience with API tools such as Swagger and Postman
- Proficiency in source revisions tools, preferably git, e.g. Bitbucket, GitHub
- Passion to deconstruct problems to understand the root cause
- Excellent organizational, qualitative and analytical skills as well as the ability to apply a creative approach to problem solving. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to learn on the fly, multi-task and maintain a creative mindset
- A desire to take ownership of and thoroughly test and improve our team’s products
- The ability to document, as simply and fully as possible, test cases for the development team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are mandatory to succeed in this position
This position is open to candidates currently residing in the greater Los Angeles area. The position is full time work in our Los Angeles Head Quarters. Learn more about life at Solver here: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/38094/life/
Location: LA based. Candidates must currently reside in Los Angeles.
Status: US Citizenship or Green card required.