QA Automation Engineer
Are you ready to work in the boring world of residential real estate? Of course, you’re not!
Well, thank goodness you’ve found REX. We are anything but a stodgy, boring real estate agency. In fact, REX is a well-funded, game-changing tech startup that has created a cutting-edge digital platform to buy and sell homes. REX is completely flipping the real estate industry on its head and beating every goal we’ve set since starting two years ago. Using artificial intelligence, big data, and machine learning, we are eliminating real estate agent commissions, selling homes faster, and saving people a lot of money.
At REX you will not only make an impact on the development of the company, but in the world as well. Aside from saving customers’ money, REX has a strong social mission that is devoted to helping families in need. For every 50 homes we sell, we donate a home to a family in need.
If you are looking to be just another cog in a big corporate wheel, then REX probably isn’t for you. But, if you want to be a part of a fast-paced, growing, and innovative team…Well, welcome home.
About the Role:
The QA Engineer is responsible for delivering quality, well-tested software across the Company’s web applications, mobile apps, and API’s. Alongside the Company’s Lead QA Engineer and development teams, the ideal candidate will create test plans, test cases, and report defects while ensuring thorough documentation. The QA should enjoy breaking code and finding exposures as much as our engineers enjoy building products.
- Partner with product and engineering teams to review system requirements and technical design documents
- Devise test strategies to adequately cover requirements, develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, and elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
- Conduct testing, maintenance, and validation on all software products
- Create and maintain automated test scripts
- Perform regression testing and debugging directly
- Verify code patches and bug fixes
- Analyze and document test results and create detailed defect reports
- Be an advocate for QA, help rethink, and improve processes and metrics
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of software engineer testing
- Experience using a test case management system
- Experience using Jira and/or Asana (We use both)
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum development environment
- Hands on experience with cross browser compatibility testing of web applications
- Mobile device testing on iOS and Android including phones and tablets
- Use of compatibility testing services
- 3+ Years working with Web Apps, Mobile Apps (iOS and Android)
- 2+ years of experience with QA automation frameworks testing Web Apps, Mobile Apps, API’s, using frameworks
- 2+ years of Python, Node, and shell experience
- Expert knowledge of writing technical documentation/defects and issues
- Proficient in writing comprehensive test plans
- Solid knowledge of SQL and how to turn data into meaningful results
- Experience using source control systems such as GitHub
We are a 50 + person company based in Woodland Hills, CA with satellite offices in Austin, Denver and Bay Area. We are a low-key but tight-knit group of hard-working people working to fix America's broken real estate exchange. REX is using Big Data and Machine Learning to automate the business development portion of a real estate agents job. They are charging less than traditional real estate agents and still making more profit per transaction. We are currently valued at $90MM with Goldman Sachs estimating a $500MM valuation by the end of 2019.