QA Automation Engineer (Mobile)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
At ClubLabs, we are seeking people who are entrepreneurial with good technical skill sets to join us in making an impact and bringing value to our members at AAA. As a QA Engineer, you will contribute to the software development lifecycle of products and services from inception through final implementation. You will also be responsible for driving test automation across a diverse set of applications from iOS, Android, web and mobile web.
This position enhances the technical agility of our new product lines.
- Work collaboratively with multiple scrum teams to improve and increase our automated testing capabilities and coverage
- Design, develop, maintain, and extend automated testing frameworks, including API-level, end-to-end, performance, component, security, and user acceptance tests
- Collaborating closely with developers to enhance testing through in-depth understanding of the system and source code under test as wells as triage and troubleshoot defects
- Configuring and scheduling test automation within a Continuous Integration (CI) environment
- Participate in product and technology initiatives and recommend improvements.
- Work with other QA engineers, product managers, and product developers to ensure that product specifications describe innovative solutions
- Identify process, technology challenges and deficiencies that need to be addressed and drive those changes to successful adoption
- Ownership of automation projects and share QA best practices with team members
- 3-5 years of experience in Automation
- Must have experience with Automation Tools (Selenium WebDriver, Appium)
- Experience with Agile XP or other agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Knowledge with programming language (Python, Java, or other programming language)
- Understanding of Linux/ Unix commands
- Proficiency with Postman and SOAP UI for API testing
- Experience with configuration management tools (Maven, Gradle, Newman)
- Hands-on testing both manual and automation
- Be able to create and maintain scripts for CI (Smoke Test, Sanity, Regression Test, Functional, etc.)
- Working knowledge of CI tools (Jenkins, Gitlab, Bamboo, etc.)
- Be able to build automation framework from the ground up
- Experience with Page Object Model, BDD, TDD test frameworks.
- Experience with source control (Git, SVN)
- BS/BA Computer Science or combination of education / work experience.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.