At Convoso, we’re constantly, vigilantly looking for ways to reshape the future of marketing automation. Our mission is to revolutionize the contact center services industry by empowering agents to convert leads faster. That’s where you come in. We’re seeking a Python Technical Lead to help us optimize our offerings for improved performance and development.
Stepping into this very challenging role will mean stepping into a dynamic environment. There’ll be a steep learning curve, but we believe the future belongs to those who build it. Therefore, success for you would mean reaching your full potential in a short period of time, while doing whatever it takes to get up to speed. Success would mean having a strong ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. And, most importantly, success would mean being a natural-born leader with top-notch training skills.
Who WE are:
Convoso is a provider of omnichannel contact center software which dramatically increases customers' contact and lead conversion rates. We back the power of our advanced dialer with the human touch of a dedicated product expert. This invaluable combination delivers higher conversions with less outreach.
- 7-10 years of experience in designing and building LARGE SCALE, ENTERPRISE web/SASS applications
- At least 7 years of experience with Python
- At least 5 years of experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Prior experience with NodeJS (TypeScript is a plus)
- Experience with Python MVC frameworks such as Django, Flask
- Extensive Object-Oriented programming experience
- Experience with Unit/Functional testing
- Experience working with additional languages is a plus (Nodejs, PHP,Go, C/C++, Perl, etc.)
- A strong sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and across departments
- Ability to prioritize business needs
- 3-5 years experience in leading and growing a team of at least 3 engineers
- Proven experience managing multiple projects simultaneously from start to completion
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development methodology
- Experience leading team(s) of technical resources
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver project goals related to developing cross-functional systems
- Ability to lead the design and development of complex solutions that meet requirements within the timeline focusing on quality
- Deep understanding/experience of the object-oriented concepts, design patterns, clean coding, code refactoring, code review practices, and experience creating automated unit tests
- Experience with complex development environments, taking abstract concepts and ideas and formulating a detailed software deliverable
- Experience working as a Tech Lead in Agile/Scrum framework
- Hands-on ability to write clean, secure, reliable, maintainable, and testable code with a robust design and building effect data models.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the design and development of relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge in implementations of microservices and service-oriented architecture.
- Experience in both architecture and implementation-level software design
- Experience in requirements capture, analysis techniques and process improvement approaches
What you will do:
- Design, architect, develop and implement secure and scalable critical business solutions.
- Translate Business and User needs into technical requirements and socialize architectural designs to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Create and maintain design documents, including ERDs and Technical Governance standards
- Accelerate the entire build-test-deploy cycle from months to minutes; build upon Agile, Continuous Integration and DevOps practices to transform and automate the delivery of high-quality software.
- Evolving the technical direction of the services.
- Delivering quality features on-time and on-budget and executing against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Ensuring the correct operation of the services that your team owns.
- Working with your team members to manage the day-to-day development activities.
- Career development of engineers on your team.
- Assist in hiring additional engineers for your team.
Who you are:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoy doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High-stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment and wearing multiple hats
Work perks worth the hype:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401 (k) employer match program
- Gym membership reimbursement
- A team of highly experienced colleagues
- Casual office environment
- Fully stocked kitchen (vegetarian-friendly)
- Catered family lunches together (Every Friday)
- Your birthday off