Propulsion Manufacturing Engineer at Relativity Space
Outcomes and Objectives:
- Develop internal and external manufacturing processes capable of scaling to meet production demand.
- Work closely with internal and external machine shops and process vendors to design and build parts that are designed for manufacturability, utilizing knowledge of additive manufacturing where beneficial.
- Manage projects for implementation of new manufacturing equipment, performing ROI analyses and running equipment validation testing.
- Design and fabricate tooling, shop aids, fluid test carts, and any other equipment needed for efficient processing.
- Resolve and analyze manufacturing and test discrepancies.
- Create and maintain work instructions, bills of material, and build schedules.
- Work with design engineers to develop, evaluate, and improve designs for manufacturability.
The ideal candidate has a strong mindset toward quality, root cause analysis, and implementation of reliable and productive processes. You come from a mid to high volume manufacturing environment, with exposure to cutting edge technologies such as additive or automation. You’re a tinkerer but also a self-starter who can balance and prioritize daily tasks that contribute to short and long term company goals.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, aerospace, or related engineering field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Siemens NX modeling and drawing creation experience (or equivalent) with a strong understanding of GD&T per ASME Y14.5-1994.
- Demonstrated experience performing structural and/or functional acceptance testing such as hydrostatic proof testing or pneumatic leak checks.
- Demonstrated ability to determine root cause and implement corrective actions.
- Strong mentality toward safety and occupational hazard prevention.
- Ability to complete projects with ownership of end-to-end solutions and minimal oversight.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience with spacecraft, launch vehicle, and/or aircraft propulsion systems
- Foundational experience in 3D printing, welding, machining, precision cleaning, and assembly for aerospace applications.
- Experience running and maintaining powder bed (DMLS) printers.
- CAM software/CNC programming experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.