Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space, starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using additive manufacturing and automation.
You will perform detailed fluid analyses using CFD and other fluid analysis tools and analytical approximations. You will work closely with a multidisciplinary propulsion team to analyze and verify the design, conduct trade studies, and improve engine performance. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Fluid analysis (internal compressible and incompressible)
- Thermal analysis (convective heat transfer boundary condition development)
- Two-phase flow and fluid mixing analysis
- Conjugate heat transfer analysis on regeneratively cooled combustion chamber and heat exchangers
- Bladed component performance analysis
- Improving and streamlining thermal and fluid analysis methods and best practices
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion. A high degree of drive, autonomy, and leadership is required. Experience in a fast-paced aerospace environment where you have completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups is highly desired. Along with these high expectations comes the opportunity to have a significant influence on a fast-growing startup company and to make rapid professional gains in an environment that encourages growth and risk.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of experience with fluid analysis in aerospace or a related field
- Strong engineering fundamentals in thermodynamics, thermal, and fluids analysis
- Experience with one or more fluid or thermal modeling tools
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in an engineering or related field
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Experience in modeling cryogenic fluids and two phase flow
- Experience in using the thermal and fluid modeling tools such as ANSYS, SINDA/FLUINT, CFD++, Thermal desktop etc)
- Working knowledge of engine subsystems such as combustion devices and turbomachinery
- Combustion device analysis tool such as TDK, RTE, and ROCCID
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.