Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space, starting with rockets. Our competitive edge comes from the cost and lead time advantages afforded by radically simple designs using additive manufacturing and automation.
You will own propulsion components and/or systems from concept through manufacturing and implementation. This role involves a range of skillsets: design, analysis (structural, thermal, fluid), manufacturing, test, project management, and communication. You will work across teams and departments and have extreme ownership of your project. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead their own projects into completion with minimal oversight. Along with these high expectations comes the opportunity to have a significant influence on a fast-growing startup company and to make rapid professional gains in an environment that encourages growth and risk.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field
- Strong engineering fundamentals in thermodynamics, thermal, structural, and fluids analysis
- Clear evidence of ownership from school or work experience
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 2+ years relevant experience, preferably in a rocket engine development and/or test environment
- Working knowledge of fluid components such as valves and instrumentation
- Working knowledge of engine subsystems such as combustion devices and turbomachinery
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.