Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks a Propulsion Components Engineer to join a rapidly growing startup. This role falls under the Turbomachinery & Components team. We are responsible for designing, manufacturing, and testing turbopumps, valves, and dynamic components for the Aeon-1 and Aeon-R engines. Our mission is to change people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. This position will provide outstanding contribution to the development of the Terran 1 and Terran R launch vehicles, as well as helping to build a world-class team.
What you'll do:
As Propulsion Components Engineer, you will own and develop clean-sheet in-house designs of propulsion valves for the Aeon-R engine. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to drive their own projects to completion. You have the passion, tenacity and resolve to work through challenging issues unique to propulsion components. This position is ideal for early-career engineers looking experience in a small, high-performance team.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop component specifications
- Work with vendors on component development and production, including product definition, testing, and issue resolution
- Develop and execute component flight qualification and acceptance test plans (e.g. vibration, shock, thermal cycle, life cycle, burst, etc.)
- Provide technical support for test operations at headquarters, test and launch sites, and at vendor locations
What you need to know:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or related technical field
- Strong understanding of fluid, thermal, and structural fundamentals
- Strong drive to deliver on ambitious schedules
- Clear evidence of ownership from school or work experience
Nice to haves but not required:
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working in a flight development program
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.