Project Engineer at Bird
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:58 p.m. (PST) on Monday, June 10, 2019
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As the Project Engineer, you’ll be responsible for engineering , project management aspects and hands on execution of many projects to support Vehicle Engineering which could include Design and build of test environments, Prototyping, Equipment install and commissioning, Field Quality countermeasure development. Cross Functional with MFG, Service, Product
What You'll Do
- CAD Design
- Hands on testing - proof of concept and development
- Fabrication of tool, fixtures and development beds
- Hands building of prototype harnesses - product intent and test rig
- HIL projects to support firmware validation
- Develop and prove recommendations to address field issues on vehicles
- Develop tools and test setups
- Evaluate field issues, propose and prove solutions – Design, MFG process, supplier quality, operations
- Supplier management
- Project management
What You'll Need
- Rounded electromechanical skillset
- Understanding of machining, casting, extrusion and other construction principals
- Experience building out bench test environments
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe / CANalyzer
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant engineering field
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions.
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills and good teamwork
- Multi-tasking and self-starting
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description