We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times! Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR (virtual reality) with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
The impact you’ll make:
As a Principal Software Engineer, you’ll be guiding the architecture of our VR client application and technical implementation of various features that will springboard Supernatural to being the health and fitness experience of choice for everyone. Working with fellow engineers, you will push the boundaries of what's achievable on mobile VR headsets and optimize and scale the application for our rapidly growing user base. Together with engineering leadership and product/project management, you will help determine the best approach to add to a world-class live application on an ongoing basis. You bring deep and broad software development expertise, and have a passion for mentoring teammates and reviewing each others' contributions to constantly raise the bar for the team.
What you’ll do:
- First and foremost, help us deliver innovative solutions to drive the advancement of our live products at scale
- Guide and evolve the architecture of the application for extensibility and maintainability
- Stay informed on and adapt to a rapidly evolving software and hardware ecosystem
- Deliver stable, maintainable, high-performance code on time and to spec, while ensuring high-quality contributions across the team
- Actively participate in engineering process improvement discussions
- Mentor team members and share your expertise to level up the team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or an equivalent degree or work experience
- Ten or more years working in an engineering environment relevant to the listed responsibilities
- A proven track record of leading the development of a live product operating successfully at scale
- Broad experience across all aspects of connected mobile app development
- Extensive experience integrating with Android platform services
- Professional Unity, Unreal, or game engine development experience and expertise with C#/C++/Java
- Understanding of 3D applications and asset management
- Experience building complex UI and state machines
- Experience building app architectures for dynamic content updates
Bonus points for:
- Experience developing for VR headsets
- Familiarity with the modern .NET ecosystem outside of Unity
Where you’ll be:
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19. Post COVID, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours: We operate within the Pacific time zone for collaboration
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.