We are building the future of freight
Mothership's groundbreaking technology is unlocking the world's potential by making freight delivery more efficient. Founded in 2017, we're backed by some of venture capital's best investors and have already become the logistics backbone for many of today's most innovative companies.
To double down on that success, we’re looking for highly driven and detail-oriented individuals looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a Principal Software Engineer on our iOS team, you'll get to spearhead our driver experiences on mobile with bold vision going from spec to production.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up, and is looking for ownership to spread their wings and test the limits of new technologies. This individual is focused on action and leads by example in a hands on and collaborative way.
What you'll get to do
- Work hand in hand with our Design team on modern user interfaces and experiences
- Spec the architecture and execution of our mobile applications
- Work within a strongly test-driven development structure
- Monitor performance using the latest tools to increase stability and efficiency
- Work with our Acquisition team to increase overall conversion through rigorous A/B and user funnel tests
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new product rollouts
- Help build a world class team of mobile engineers around you
What success looks like in this role
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience building dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces for high traffic mobile products
- Significant experience deploying customer facing product
- Deep knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
- Experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings
- Ability to build out component based front-end architecture
- Experience working with designers, communicating in a clear and concise way
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment
- Strong accountability, work ethic and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Familiarity with machine learning, AI platforms, and route optimization is a plus
- Familiarity with mapping and navigation services (Mapbox, Google Maps… etc) is a plus
Technologies we're working with
- React Native
Salary, Benefits & Perks
- $164k – $205k • 0.059% – 0.100%
- Full health, dental and vision insurance coverage
- 401k (4% company match)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in Culver City, CA
- Equipped with the latest technology
Culture at Mothership
We’re an ambitious, endlessly curious, and open-minded group. Our team is passionate about our mission and eager to produce work at the highest level. The office is upbeat and supportive, because we care about each other and believe positive momentum equals better outcomes.
If this sounds like a place you’d be a great addition to, let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description