Principal Information Security Engineer at FabFitFun
Principal Information Security Engineer
FabFitFun is one of the best places to work in Los Angeles and its amazing success has been achieved due to our amazing business initiatives (over 2 million members), dedicated leadership, inclusive corporate culture, and career growth opportunities. Guided by our company values, FFF seeks to maintain a work culture that encourages innovation, rewards creativity, values teamwork, and supports inclusion and equity. The company endeavors to foster confidence, effectiveness, and success for all employees who work with these values every day.
We are looking for a Principal-level Security Engineer to join our Security Engineering team. The ideal candidate will participate and lead efforts to create new security designs based on current business needs, capacity increases, and customer growth. You will play a pivotal role improving security across all aspects of the FabFitFun infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage security incidents as Incident Commander: determining direction of investigations, incident exit criteria, and update cadence.
- Conduct host/network, forensics & log analysis in support of incident response investigations
- Identify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures (TTPs) to develop indicators of compromise
- Hunt FabFitFun networks for indicators of compromise, looking for evidence of a compromise
- Preserve and analyze data from a diverse set of data sources, including attack patterns and bad actors identified by FabFitFun's CX team
- Work with cross functional teams to contain and remediate security incidents related to breach and compromise.
- Provide feedback across engineering, product and IT teams about accuracy and quality of security detections, controls and remediations
- Identify areas of opportunity, and drive improvements to the incident response process and technology directly impacting the team
- Work with partner teams including: PR, HR, Legal, Compliance, Investigations, Engineering, and external partners including AWS, Google and other strategic technology providers to further FabFitFun’s information security maturity
- Support mentoring and technical development for engineering, product and IT teams
- Identify areas of opportunity, and drive improvements to information security processes and technologies
- Be a voice of security within FabFitFun, championing best practices and promoting a “secure business” environment
What You’ll Bring:
- 4+ years experience with incident management, cross team coordination, and management update cadences for multi-day incidents.
- 3+ years of experience with common actor attack vectors and tracing IOC/IOA through SIEMs, EDR, raw logs, and other telemetry.
- Previous experience with actor tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP), and following lateral movement (i.e. Mitre ATT&CK framework).
- Previous experience with one or more of these environments: cloud, physical, production, e-commerce and business environments.
- Previous experience with understanding the impact chain for security decisions and remediation impact downstream
- Ability to apply NIST CSF, PCI DSS, SOX and other relevant standards to inform and execute information security functions
- Ability to monitor and secure AWS / public cloud infrastructure environments
- Ability to monitor and secure SaaS platforms
- Ability to participate in occasional on-call activities during cybersecurity incident investigations.
- Ability to develop scripts and/or automation tools in programming languages such as Java or Python a plus
- Ability to develop scripts to ingest log data from IaaS/PaaS/SaaS platforms into log aggregators / SIEMs such as AWS GuardDuty, Amazon Detective, or Splunk/SumoLogic/Chronicle a plus
- BA/BS degree in Information Security, CyberSecurity, Computer Science, or other related technical disciplines, or equivalent practical experience
- Must be able to travel domestically (USA) and Internationally (UKI, SE Asia) up to 15% of the time once global travel resumes (maybe 2x/year)
What You'll Get:
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA
- Matching 401k and equity incentives
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, driven, and happy people
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing eCommerce
- Open/Flexible PTO policy - we trust our employees to manage their time!
- Free FabFitFun subscription and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Monthly work from home stipend while the company is temporarily remote