Principal Frontend Engineer, Platform at LegalZoom
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:01 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 12, 2021
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we've built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning to Business Formations to IP, we've helped more than four million customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we've grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we're committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
The Platform team at LegalZoom designs, builds, deploys, and manages our large-scale software infrastructure. As an engineer on our team, you will combine your expertise and creativity to craft data-driven solutions with our team members. We thrive in the details, solving complex problems and iteratively improving the customer experience. You will be joining an inclusive team of diversely talented engineers covering all aspects of technology.
- Providing mentoring and leadership to team members to deliver best-in-class software
- You should excel at extending influence across multiple cross-functional business initiatives
- Communicate and collaborate effectively at all levels in the organization
- Familiarity with common frontend tooling - in particular, we're looking for someone who has experience with:
- Packaging tools such as Webpack, Rollup, esbuild, Vite
- Managing and optimizing application deployments on a CDN
- Performance evaluation tools like Lighthouse
- TypeScript and/or ES2015. Experience with more recent features like async/await would be even better!
- Deep understanding of FE frameworks such as angular / react
- Cloud First - You're at home in the cloud (AWS, GCP, or Azure) and what patterns to use for a microservice architecture
- Security First Mindset - application security is an obsession. You are passionate about teaching others about security best practices.
- Develop a deep understanding of the system and architecture and define and enforce coding standards
- Present technological solutions to IT leadership that communicate the value, intent, and tradeoffs of your approach
- Build and foster stakeholder relationships both within your team and among others
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of intense technical experience in the areas of web development and application integration
- 3+ years working in the role of principal or staff engineer in a high-transaction, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Previous experience as a technical leader and/or leading an agile/scrum team
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Tools such as AWS App Runner or Argo CD
- Infrastructure as Code
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. LegalZoom prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description