Things you're good at
- Ownership: Diving in and taking ownership of projects, then driving them to completion in a methodical, organized, independent manner. All the while communicating plans and progress effectively.
- Shipping: Delivering projects quickly but with high quality. It's not done when it’s deployed, it's done when it's documented, monitored, and measured.
- Communication: You will be excellent at communicating technical topics concisely and practically, both verbally and in writing, in order to get buy-in from team members and move projects along effectively.
- Security: We hold sensitive customer data and as well as money for our users, so building secure infrastructure is of the utmost importance. Everyone across the company is expected to maintain a security mindset.
- Organization: We value making sure things are well-organized and well-documented, whether it’s code or documentation.
- Collaboration: We bring the best out of each other. We're looking for people who will bring the best out of all of us.
The right candidate will
- Have experience managing production infrastructure with scale (1+ million users)
- Have deep knowledge of AWS, strong knowledge of Google Cloud (our primary resources are in AWS, with a few in GCP)
- Be an expert in deploying and managing production infrastructure with Terraform
- Be an expert in architecting, implementing, and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Have experience managing production datastores in AWS (we use Postgres)
- Have a command of monitoring and observability tools (we use New Relic)
- Have strong written communication skills and be meticulously organized
- Have experience with service-based architectures
- Be effective with scripting experience in Python
- Be passionate about technology and finding ways to automate tasks and constantly improve our process with a focus on our business problems
- Rationalizing our existing cloud infrastructure assets while building our new infrastructure to support millions of users
- Work closely with the Data Team to manage our primary production databases to AWS and then help maintain and monitor them
- Architect, plan, and implement a CI/CD pipeline that allows us to deploy continuously with confidence
- Improve the observability of our infrastructure to make sure we are properly monitoring our assets to get ahead of problems — so we are proactive instead of reactive.
- Apply infrastructure-as-code methodologies across configuration, infrastructure, and orchestration
- Write clean, well-documented code to automate tasks to help us scale
- Implement security best-practices to make sure our data is locked down
- 6+ years of DevOps experience managing production infrastructure with scale (1+ million users)
- BS, MS, and/or PhD in computer science or related technical field
- Command of Python for scripting, knowledge of Django a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- 401k Match
- Free lunch