Power Electronics Engineer II (Greater LA Area, CA)
A rocket company at the core, Relativity Space is on a mission to become the next great commercial launch company. Meeting the needs of a growing demand for space infrastructure, our rockets will revolutionize how we connect and communicate on Earth by getting satellites to space. We have developed a vertically integrated technology platform in which we leverage additive manufacturing, artificial intelligence, and autonomous robotics to 3D print rockets. Our unique approach enables rapid product iteration, allowing us to push the boundaries of what's possible today and unlock the full potential of 3D printing for tomorrow. Join us on this extraordinary journey, as we work together to transform our vision into reality.
The Avionics team is responsible for the design, testing, and production of electronic on the Terran 1 and
Terran R launch vehicles. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for avionics hardware designs that
work with multiple vehicle systems including but not limited to vehicle sensors, propulsion, computing,
actuation, energy management, and communications. Avionics operation is critical to the successful flight of
Terran 1, the world’s first 3D printed rocket.
What you’ll do:
• Drive architecture, design, and development of mixed signal electronics that will support the launch
• Drive electronics hardware through the full product lifecycle including circuit design and analysis,
schematic capture, layout, prototyping, bring-up, troubleshooting, issue tracking, design verification,
acceptance and qualification testing, and handoff to vehicle integration
• Work with partner teams such as propulsion, GNC, mechanisms, launch, etc. to define system
requirements, interfaces, and understand system performance impacts of avionics designs
• Make complex technical decisions (risk tradeoffs, evaluation of trade studies, anomaly investigations,
• Support product life cycle from design to manufacturing
What you need to know:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field
• 1+ years of experience in power circuit design such as DC-DC converters, hotswap controllers, battery
management system, and LDOs
• Familiarity with eCAD software such as Altium or equivalent
• Experience with hardware bring-up, validation, debugging, and data analysis
• Experience with board-level design from concept to manufacturing
• Ability to communicate deeply technical topics to a wide variety of audiences
• Experience working with highly cross-functional teams (mechanical, thermal, electrical, software, etc.)
to develop integrated electronics solutions
• Comfortable with working in a fast paced and autonomously driven startup atmosphere
Nice to have but not required:
• Knowledge in thermal design, topologies, modulation schemes, control strategies for converters
• Understanding how magnetics (inductors, transformers), semiconductors (MOSFET, GaN FET), and
capacitors (Electrolytic, film and Ceramic) are used for power conversion
• Experience with simulation software such as LTspice, MATLAB, or other
• Experience with design of electronics for harsh environments (vibe, thermal, vacuum, radiation, etc.)
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.
Compensation is only one part of our entire total rewards package. To see some of the benefits & perks we offer, please visit here: https://px.sequoia.com/relativityspace