Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Platform Architect to join Team Snapchat! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters or the Boulder, CO remote office, you will join the Snap Lab Hardware Engineering group responsible for the design, development, and innovation of Snap hardware. Our objective is to deliver on first-in-class consumer electronics hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Hardware and Software teams to understand the design requirements, specifications and interfaces.
- Develop hardware architectures that are realizable within the SnapLab Hardware Engineering organization
- Create prototypes and development platforms that facilitate the evaluation of electronic circuits by both hardware and software engineering teams.
- Debug hardware integration issues including power quality, signal integrity, and RF performance
- Develop clear and comprehensive documentation
- Perform component analysis, silicon specification, schematic design, circuit review, layout review, and general debugging
- B.S. in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics) or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of hardware and/or architecture engineering
- M.S. in a relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Experience in electrical design engineering including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture.
- Experience using CAD tools such as Cadence Allegro and OrCAD Capture
- Understanding of RF behavior and fundamentals including Noise Figure, Mixing, Linearity, and Smith Charts.
- Familiarity with electrical related optical designs
- Thorough understanding of PCB design and associated constraints
- Experience designing circuits that include high-speed digital interfaces such as MIPI CSI / DSI, PCIe, SDIO / eMMC, UFS, etc.
- Knowledge of design and tradeoffs of low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits
- Extensive experience using typical test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power supplies, and power meters.
- Ability to solder small components such as 0201s and 01005s.
- Desire to collaborate across different engineering and non-engineering groups
- Excellent process development and documentation skills
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!