Yankees, Angels, Eagles, Seahawks, Lollapalooza, Governors Ball, Bonnaroo…the biggest names in entertainment are our customers. We power the tech behind every t-shirt, hotdog and drink sold at these venues, and at a global list of other clients that you just wouldn’t believe. Didn’t think Point of Sale could be sexy? Think again.
We’re looking for truly exceptional php engineers who are ready to tackle an endless, important feature list, and do it at intimidating scale. Imagine Lollapalooza or a hot Yankees game in the middle of summer if you couldn’t buy a beer…unacceptable. The stuff you’ll work on has a very real impact, and our customers will love you or hate you for what you deliver. What you build matters here.
You should be able to operate without much direction, but be excited to work closely with a team. We want developers who are opinionated about smart ways to build, yet humble enough to listen and take input well. You should want to take ownership of the features you build…you’re shipping to customers, not just completing story points. We’re looking for developers who care deeply about the quality of their code…it impacts your fellow devs, your company, and your customers. QA can and will help, but ultimately, you embrace the fact that the quality of what you ship is your responsibility.
We have an incredible team, with a brilliant culture. Your friends will be jealous when you tell them about your day at work. What are you waiting for? Send us your resume!
- Build and ship clean, performant, scalable, secure, quality software that exceeds customer expectations…own your code, cradle to grave
- Work with Product, Quality, DevOps and Ops to ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues
- Collaborate closely with local, nearshore and offshore engineering and ops…we’re all one team!
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements
- Be a technical thought-leader among your peers to constantly improve how we work
- Be approachable and transparent, wear a lot of hats, and always be aware of the big picture of making Appetize great
- 5+ Years of proven software development experience in PHP.
- Strong knowledge of MySQL.
- Experience building RESTful web services.
- Ability (and desire!) to write unit and integration tests.
- Good knowledge of version control tools, and experience collaborating with a large team of developers.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent listening skills.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Ability to go to sporting events and concerts all across the US.
- Unlimited vacation
Appetize, the Los Angeles based Point-of-Sale technology company, is serving its modern ordering and payment technology to over 400 enterprise businesses. We're a a fast-growing and disruptive technology company that is steadily replacing legacy point of sale systems in the sports and entertainment, education, and professional industries. Appetize marquee venues including, Madison Square Garden, US Bank Stadium, University of North Carolina, and the San Jose Convention Center. Appetize redefines the ordering and payment process through its POS, handheld, kiosk, and inventory products for operators, as well as its mobile ordering platform for fans. For more information, visit www.appetizeapp.com.