Partner Engineer at Snap Inc.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Partner Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Snap Canvas team, you will work alongside our partners to ensure they can produce world class content for Snapchat. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with internal and external development teams to perfect the developer experience of using Snap tools and APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Produce technical documentation and tutorial content for Snap technologies
- Onboard new content partners
- Evangelize Snap tools and APIs at conferences and partner meetings
- Travel to our partners’ offices to provide guidance, support, and training
- Monitor support channels and ensure partners receive timely responses
- Performance profile partner generated content and coach partners on the results
- First line bug-fixing in Snap content creation tools
- Collate and report partner feature requests back to the Core Engineering team
- Communicate platform update information and other news to Snap content partners
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related area of study
- Experience with 3D engines such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine, or Lumberyard
- Knowledge of 3D vector mathematics, real-time graphics, animation and/or physics
- Experience building real-time, interactive, graphical applications
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related area of study
- Experience with 3D APIs such as WebGL, OpenGL, OpenGL ES and D3D
- Experience with 3D content creation tools such as 3D Studio Max, Maya and Blender
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Experience of technical writing
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- A passion and skill for problem-solving