Network Engineering Internships - Media Tech, Summer 2024 at NBCUniversal (Remote)
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
To meet students where they are, we will host internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs. Please be sure to read this job description carefully and note the internship dates, locations, and departments before applying.
In addition to all our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Media Tech Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: October 5th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible - don't delay!
- Program Dates: June 3 - August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Here at NBCU, we strive to be on the forefront of leading-edge technology and are seeking a savvy troop of technologists we call Media Tech Interns.
Our program exposes students to technical opportunities across NBCUniversal's Operations & Technology organizations and serves as a main pipeline into our Rotational Associate Programs. As a NBCUniversal Media Tech Intern, you will gain hands-on experience, allowing you to apply your classroom knowledge to practical situations. We offer a 2 day in-person orientation in our NY office where we bring all interns together to meet each other and various business leaders.
Students will experience firsthand how one of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world operates and delivers strategic, innovative solutions.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
- Network Engineering, GND Automation & Reliability: On our Global Network Automation & Reliability Engineering, the intern will be exposed to a wide variety of NBC Universal's technology groups including NBC Sports, Peacock, Telemundo, CNBC, News, and O&O. We have two main exciting projects in the pipeline with our automation and observability tracks. The intern will support the team with developing and testing code, network troubleshooting an dengineering, and infrastructure-as-Code deployments.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from a location within a U.S. state during all hours worked.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Basic knowledge of Python, Ansible, Git, and CI/CD.
- Basic knowledge of Network Engineering.
- Experience working with infrastructure/datacenter.
The hourly rate for undergraduate student interns is $30.00
The hourly rate for graduate student interns is $30.00
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].