Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join our rapidly growing team at our headquarters in Long Beach, CA. In this role, you will be a core member of an IT Network Engineering team, providing support to our production and corporate computer networks. You will be responsible for supporting and improving our existing network & network security infrastructure and help with design & deployment of our next generation network infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
To help us support the growing network infrastructure across our HQ campus, datacenters, offices, launch sites, and cloud environments, as a Network Engineer at Relativity, you will:
- Install, configure, and support network equipment including routers, wireless networks, switches, WAN accelerators, VPN, monitoring, and DHCP
- Procure network equipment / cabling and manage subcontractors and vendors involved with network installation
- Configure firewalls, routing, and switching on LAN/WAN equipment and related services
- Optimize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Plan for scheduled upgrades and patching
- Investigate and troubleshoot faults and issues in the network
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
- Maintain and implement security, tools, and policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Work closely with onsite teams to assess networking requirements and assist in configuring and troubleshooting the network
What you need to know:
Network Engineers are responsible for providing tier 1 - 3 network support to escalations from IT helpdesk/NOC personnel. This person should be able to configure/troubleshoot Network services, including, but not limited to, ACL or firewall policy configuration, deploy/troubleshoot configuration for various network devices, write simple scripts to automate work and able to perform L1-3 troubleshooting with our users. Additionally, you will need to know:
- Good Knowledge of OSI Model, common troubleshooting tools such as WireShark, TCPdump, ping, traceroute, MTR etc.
- Able to use/manage common network monitoring and management software like LibreNMS, Zabbix, Prometheus, Grafana, Netbox IPAM, etc
- Experienced in deployment, upgrade and troubleshooting of multivendor network equipment. Including but not limited to Fortigate, Cisco, Palo Alto, and Silverpeak.
- Able to write simple scripts to automate or troubleshoot Network tasks & comfortable utilizing Ansible/Salt for deployment.
- Possess at least one Professional level industry certification.
- Must be able and willing to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Support work for fixes and upgrades during maintenance windows as needed .
Nice to haves but not required:
- Completed professional level industry certification like CCNP/JNCIP-DC/ENT or higher.
- Experienced configuring and managing configuration management tools like Puppet/Ansible/Salt.
- Knowledge or experience of writing or using advanced scripts in any programming language.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.