In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
To realize the momentous goals and swift pace needed for future space systems, The Aerospace Corporation’s Network Systems Department (NSD) seeks a Network and Cloud System Architect specializing in architecture definition, development, analysis and design of network and cloud systems for a wide range of next generation of space systems. NSD is part of the division within The Aerospace Corporation responsible for communications systems of all sorts. From here, NSD supports Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), and other US Government, and Civil/Commercial customers in the design, analysis, modeling, simulation, and anomaly resolution of space systems. As a member of NSD, you will play a vital role in building future space systems with challenging and impactful mission objectives by leading technical teams and providing technical expertise in the areas of network and cloud systems architecture and design.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our great asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
- Lead various communication and network engineering tasks and projects through network and cloud systems architecture definition, development, analysis, modeling & simulation, and prototype development/validation
- Lead development of innovative concepts and algorithms in supporting areas of systems management, performance/reliability analysis, traffic modeling, software-defined networking and network resiliency
- Provide technical analysis and technical leadership to develop the next generation of network and cloud system architectures and requirements
- Design, analyze, and simulate space and ground system architectures
- Develop and assess the performance, security, and resiliency of satellite systems
- Provide recommendations based on technical analysis of performance, affordability and risk
- Utilize network testbeds to investigate new technologies and assess system performance
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Provide independent technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to less experienced staff
- Coordinate tasks and participate in technical meetings for customers working closely with members of diverse teams across Government and industry
- Present technical and project status briefings to management and customers
- Lead system-level trade studies and briefings for design concepts, protocols, requirements analysis, design reviews, system installation and integration oversight and validation of system requirements
- Lead specialized technical studies and internal research and development (R&D) efforts
- A Degree in engineering or science from an accredited university
- Minimum 8 years of experience in communication, network, or cloud systems
- Strong technical background in cloud technologies, network protocols, and network management
- Experience with cloud system architecture definition/development, trade studies, and requirements/interface definitions
- Ability to support systems integration of complex network systems
- Exceptional verbal and written English language skills, strong communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science in the areas of digital communications and network systems
- Experience with satellite communication network systems
- In-depth understanding of Physical, Media Access Control (MAC), and network layers
- In-depth understanding of emerging communication and network technologies (e.g., SDN, 5G, Internet of Thing (IoT), etc.)
- Experience in Python, Matlab, and C/C++
- Experience with network management systems and network security
- Experience leading cross-functional teams as a project lead and/or technical lead
- Current DoD SECRET clearance
- Active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or Top Secret (TS) U.S. Security Clearance
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.