Mobile Software Architect (iOS/ Android)
Clublabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for AAA – the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members’ expectations. We rest upon delivering maximum value to our members and business, solving for the problem, trust through transparency, and collaboration. These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They’re realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
Our Mobile team is currently looking for an experienced, motivated and empathic Software Architect to oversee and own the design and architecture of our Auto Club mobile application. The Software Architect will be responsible for building on one or more platforms which include but not limited to iOS, Android, and various web applications.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code.
- Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluates strategies and makes recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implements solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Participate and provide feedback during planning meetings (i.e., pre-iteration, iteration, and retrospectives).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Experience launching 2 or more Mobile apps on iOS App store or Google Play for Android.
- Database experience on mobile devices.
- Experience translating product requirements into design specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of Bluetooth and Bluetooth LE protocols and standards a plus.
- Experience in TDD/ BDD.
- Experience working in Agile XP or other Agile Methodologies.
- Solid experience in implementing high performance, high availability, reliable, and secured software, and know how to scale a system horizontally.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.