Mobile QA Automation Engineer
Come party with a million people a day in celebrating important events in their lives! Evite, the world’s leading digital platform, is seeking a passionate and experienced Mobile QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Los Angeles and contribute to our mission of bringing people together to celebrate their most important life moments.
You will work on test automation and framework development to improve our ability to deliver quality software at a rapid pace. This position will work closely with other Software Engineering, QA, and DevOps personnel to mature automation practices across the entire Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) and assist with automated test creation and manual testing efforts for mobile and desktop experiences. The candidate must possess communication skills, critical thinking capabilities, and be a cultural fit. Our ideal candidate should have strong communication that allows them to translate complex findings to all stakeholders. This individual should be driven by an inquisitive curiosity to learn, and can pick up new knowledge and skills independently. Evite is looking for motivated individuals to help bring our “What If” philosophy to life.
- Participate in developing automation scripts.
- Assisting with development of a QA automation framework for web and mobile to improve continuous integration including automation of smoke, integration, and regression tests.
- Assist with adoption of QA automation tools and processes including training and documentation of their use.
- Perform manual feature integration and regression testing of web and mobile applications.
- Develop QA dashboards to guide process quality improvements and assess project quality.
- Actively involved in all stages of the SDLC including creation of test automation, detailed test plans, test cases, and test scenarios.
- Implement performance, stress, and security testing of the Evite API.
- Participate in daily SCRUM stand ups as part of product development.
- Deep programmatic QA automation experience using Python (preferred) or similar structured object-oriented languages
- Experience with Selenium and Appium automated testing frameworks
- Significant testing experience of complex iOS and Android apps that have prominent placement in respective app stores
- Strong QA process understanding - highly skilled in ability to diagnose and clearly articulate and communicate defects
- At least 5 years of QA automation experience for commercial web and mobile applications.
- Experience in the setup and use of browser automation (Selenium and Selenium Grid), Performance Testing, and Web Performance Monitoring tools.
- Experience with mobile application testing, both manual and automated testing.
- Knowledge of RESTFUL APIs, relational & non-relational DBs (i.e. Postgres/MySQL).
- Ability to write Python code (preferred) to test APIs or other system components as appropriate.
- Experience writing Selenium automation scripts.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Desire to expand your skill sets and learn new technologies.
- Proficient working with a Unix/Linux operating system.
- BA/BS (Computer Science preferred), or equivalent experience.
Note: Evite will NOT provide relocation assistance or H1B visa sponsorship for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Evite, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.