Versus is looking for an Android developer to help us change the gaming industry. You’ll work with our content partners to build, integrate, and customize our product suite. The Versus platform is a custom white-label solution allowing game developers and brand partners to offer unique, prize-based matches to their players. Engaging with entertainment content for real rewards is changing how the world consumes content - and you’re going to help us do it.
Our stack is based on Elixir. React and Redux power our frontend applications, and we have SDKs for iOS, Android, and Unity. You may find yourself working on any of the three: Kotlin (Android), Swift (iOS), and Unity.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong engineering culture. We value collaboration and creativity. Every engineer contributes to the overall development process, product design, and roadmap of the company.
Did we mention we have a Kickass MAME Cabinent awaiting our post-COVID return to the office?
As an integration engineer you will become an expert in our technology and a go-to resource for internal teams and Versus’ partners. You’ll work alongside our development partners to integrate Versus directly into their games. As an engineer working on custom integrations you will help define the future vision for developer focused tools, SDKs, libraries, and/or plugins to integrate Versus in to the games of our partners.
We recognize the skills we require are across a variety of ecosystems. It should be noted that we don’t expect you to be a master of them all. We want to hear from you if you are either heavily weighted in one with some experience in the others, or the equivalent of a Swiss Army knife - proficient in a number of them, yet master of none.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who gets excited about being on the bleeding edge of prize-based gaming. Your work will help our partners leverage Versus to maximize player engagement and make their games more fun.WE NEED . . .
- Strong programming, architecture, and development skills
- A strong understanding of asynchronous and event based programming
- Significant Swift or Kotlin experience
- Proficiency with RxJava2
- Proficiency with Apples' Combine, RxSwift or related Reactive frameworks.
- Proficiency with UIKit
- 3+ Years experience consuming API (Extra Credit if you've built some as well)
- Modeling data using specs as guidance.
- Building out new consumers and wrappers around API.
- Ability to provide guidance / feedback on API design.
- An excitement to help, teach, and mentor those around you
- Great communication and team-work skills.
- Experience collaborating with other developers via version control and bug tracking
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
- Experience with SwiftUI
- AndroidX LifeCycle + Navigation (Android)
- Experience with CircleCI or some other Continious Integration provider.
- Experience with multiple programming languages, especially Java, Objective C#, Elixir, Ruby
- Applied DevOps Experience (Google Cloud Platform especially)
- Applied Docker experience
- Experience creating iOS Frameworks or Maven Artifact management.
- Extensive SwiftUI and/or Combine experience!
- A knowledge of how to build 2D UI systems in Unity uGUI or NGUI, Unreal UMG or similar
- Proficiency with 3D tools, e.g. 3ds Max, Maya
At Versus our mission is to make games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401(K) matching, flexible hours (currently remote), paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule - currently fully remote for COVID
- Matched 401(K)