Mission Systems Engineer at Epirus
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:01 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation such as agile development and deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective:Epirus designs and manufactures novel RF systems in a rapid development environment, for customers who are eager to find new and improved ways our technologies can be effectively deployed. The Mission Systems Engineer role will focus on system-level performance modeling, Concept of Operations development and simulation, model-based systems engineering, mission-specific algorithm development, R&D lab testing, and business development support. Candidates should have experience in such activities either from the aerospace/defense industry, or similar industries such as robotics, wireless communications, or others. A Mission Systems Engineer will develop models that will drive system and subsystem design, including facilitating trade studies on the impacts of proposed design changes and quick-turn first-cut modeling of new product/form factor proposals. A Mission Systems Engineer will develop and simulate Concepts of Operation for Epirus products, leveraging physical simulation tools akin to AFSIM, STK, and others to simulate sample “real-world” scenarios. A Mission Systems Engineer will develop mission-specific algorithms to determine how Epirus products will operate at a high-level to perform their function, will validate these algorithms via simulation and lab/field tests, and will coordinate with the software team to transition new algorithms to the objective processor.
- System architecture/sizing studies for new products/baseline changes
- Develop models for key performance parameters that can be used to derive requirements and perform trade studies/impact analyses
- Coordinate key requirements with subsystem design teams
- Define and iterate on product concept of operations (CONOPS)
- Develop proprietary product functions/techniques/algorithms
- Operate lab test assets for empirical simulation validation and new algorithm/CONOPS testing
- Propose R&D efforts and procedures for use of lab test assets
- Contribute technical writing and figures to proposals and other business development efforts
- Develop demo procedures to show off product capabilities
- Degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science
- 3+ years experience, including in modeling & simulation
- US Citizen (future security clearance may be required)
- Aerospace/Defense experience and/or military experience preferred, or experience in robotics or a similar industry
- Good written and oral communication skills; not afraid to speak up, either to ask for help or disagree on a technical point that warrants more discussion
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Eager to learn and to help others on the team
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Focused, with perspective on what matters most, rapidly delivering customer value
- Familiarity with RF systems (e.g. radar, comms, EW, etc.)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (preferably Python and/or Matlab)
- Familiarity with physical simulation frameworks such as AFSIM, STK, or others
- Some level of electrical hardware/lab experience, and/or field test experience
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwave, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description