Mid-Level Frontend Software Engineer at WELL Health (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
ABOUT WELL HEALTH
Our Mission: Make healthcare the gold standard in customer service.
What We Deliver: WELL™ Health is a SaaS digital health leader in patient communications and the 2021 Best in KLAS winner in Patient Outreach. WELL Health’s intelligent communications hub is the only two-way digital health solution engaging patients throughout their entire care experience. WELL Health enables conversations between patients and their providers through secure, multilingual messaging in the patient’s preferred communications channel: texting, email, telephone, and live chat. By unifying and automating disjointed communications, WELL Health helps healthcare organizations drive more patient visits, build exceptional patient loyalty, and reduce staffing costs, frustration and turnover.
Our Impact: WELL Health helps 200k+ healthcare providers facilitate more than 1 billion messages for 30+ million patients annually.
Our award-winning culture: In 2021, WELL Health was named #10 on the Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers and was also recognized as one of the Best Midsize Companies to Work for in Los Angeles by Built In LA. Additionally, WELL Health is proud to recently be named #484 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies. In 2020, WELL Health was named among the Best Places to Work by Modern Healthcare.
WELL Health is looking for an experienced Frontend Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, growing engineering department. You will work directly alongside a team of bright and motivated frontend engineers.
Your primary role will be assisting in developing core functionality on the product. You will also be directly involved in team discussions around processes and technologies to improve code quality, user experience and team velocity. There are many opportunities to make a significant impact and grow as an engineer.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams, including Product, QA, and UX
- Break down requirements, plan and estimate tasks using agile methodologies
- Build out new features and functionality on the WELL Health platform
- Participate in team discussions to define and implement new technologies and coding standards
- Write high quality, effective tests to prevent bugs and grow test coverage, in order to improve product stability, and increase team velocity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with a strong grasp of CS fundamentals
- 2+ years building web applications using various frameworks, including React in a professional environment
- Ability to translate designs into styles using preprocessors such as SASS
- Proficiency in working with a range of APIs (REST, websockets, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the following tools or technologies:
- Redux, React Hooks
- Webpack or other build tools for local development and production releases
- AWS services such as Cloudfront, Lambda, and S3
- Typescript or another strongly typed programming language
- Database systems such as Redis, Postgres, and MongoDB
- Query languages such as graphQL
- Component libraries such as Kendo UI
- Experience working with distributed teams
- A history of working with Scrum processes
- Creating responsive styles compatible with mobile platforms
WELL Health is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and is opening an office in Los Angeles later this year. Today, all WELL Health positions are remote. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office quarterly. #LI-Remote
WORKING AT WELL
- Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, trivia, yoga, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
- Employee equity groups – 11 groups available for all to join. Black & Latinx, Women, LGBTQ+, Disability, and many more!
- Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
- Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
- Santa Barbara office perks – dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy) snacks, Kombucha and beer on tap, light-filled space, standing desks, and the occasional taco truck.
- Company perks and benefits – MacBook Pro provided, unlimited PTO, generous equity package and full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision).
Interested in learning more? Please visit our LinkedIn page or our Life at WELL Instagram (@wellhealthinc). To hear firsthand what it’s like to work at WELL Health, please view this team video.
Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
WELL Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL Health are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. WELL Health is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage you to apply for positions even if you do not meet 100% of the criteria. We would love to connect with you and see if you would be a great fit for our role!
We’re dedicated to creating an inclusive, equitable, and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and diversity is a strength. WELL Health is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL Health will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Candidates should be aware that WELL Health currently maintains a policy requiring all employees (Resident, Mobile and Remote) to be fully vaccinated. New employees should be fully vaccinated by their start date. WELL Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.