Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a Mechanical Engineer to join the Additive Manufacturing team. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership in the development of our Additive Manufacturing capabilities by assisting in the selection, build out, and maintenance our automation facilities. This role will report directly to the CTO, Jordan Noone.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Mechanical Engineer, you will contribute to this mission by being part of a team of mechanical engineers, performing the design, analysis, and installation of our robotic printing cells. You will also have a hand in the installation and activation of various shop floor hardware.
Your main goal in this role is to assist in the full implementations of our industrial automation facilities (from the layout to managing vendors) which will manufacture aerospace grade components and structures.
The ideal candidate in this role has worked with large capital equipment, or has implemented robotics in a manufacturing floor. You will be interfacing with vendors and other functional groups in order to gather requirements—excellent communication skills will be crucial in this role.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Proficient knowledge of a CAD package
- Experience designing and sizing of highly engineered parts
- 5+ years of experience handling large mechanical systems
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior experience with large capital equipment installations
- Experience with ANSYS or similar professional package experience
- Proficiency in CREO
- Experience with KUKA robots
- Experience with GD&T for complex assemblies
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description